DRET Teaching School Hub will deliver the newly reformed NPQ suite in partnership with the Ambition Institute and Advantage Schools in Bedfordshire. We are excited to be offering this programme nationally, as the new NPQ framework provides a continuation of the ‘golden thread’ of professional development throughout every stage of a teacher’s career.
This offer will include three new specialist NPQs:
- Leading Teacher Development – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
- Leading Teaching – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
- Leading Behaviour and Culture – For teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
We will also be offering the reformed Leadership NPQs:
- Senior Leadership – For school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross school responsibilities.
- Headship – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a head teacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
We are committed to bringing as much expertise to rigorously enhance the experience for teachers and leaders. Our programme will be delivered in partnership with Advantage Schools, a high-performing School Trust, serving Bedfordshire and surrounding counties, that achieves excellent outcomes through an academic curriculum, a great learning environment and investment in staff development.
The anticipated start date for these courses is November 2021. Confirmed dates will be available shortly.
NPQ Application Guidance