DRET Teaching School Hub work in partnership with the National Institute of Teaching (NIoT) as an Associate College to deliver NPQ Programmes. The NIoT are rooted in schools; they know the unpredictability of school life – the day-to-day challenges that teachers face. Their time-efficient NPQs have been drawn up specifically to meet the needs of time-poor, commitment-heavy teachers and leaders. Teachers know best what teachers need – our programme will give you only the information essential to providing the best education possible for your pupils.
Targeted Support Funding available this academic year.
Important- this could be the last funding available for NPQs.
For each teacher or leader employed in an eligible setting who takes an NPQ in AY 2023/24, the following funding will apply:
• Very small state-funded primary schools (with 1 to 150 pupils) will receive a grant payment of £800
• Other state-funded primary schools (with more than 150 pupils) will receive a grant payment of £200
• Small state-funded secondary schools and state-funded 16-19 education settings (with 1 to 600 pupils) will continue to receive a grant payment of £200
We deliver the following specialist NPQ programmes:
- Leading Teacher Development – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
- Leading Teaching – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
- Leading Behaviour and Culture – For teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
- Leading Literacy - for teachers who lead, or are aspiring to lead, literacy in any phase of education.
We also offer the following reformed and new Leadership NPQs:
- Senior Leadership – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross school responsibilities.
- Headship – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a head teacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- Early Years Leadership - for those who are, or are aspiring to be: a manager of a private, voluntary or independent early years setting; a headteacher of a school-based or maintained early years setting; an early years foundation stage leader in a state funded school or a childminder with leadership responsibilities.
Our next cohort will commence in Spring 2024. To apply to undertake an NPQ with the Teaching School Hub, do so via the link below: