NPQs available from Autumn 2022
To ensure NPQs continue to offer the best possible support to teachers and leaders wanting to expand their knowledge and skills, the DfE are introducing 2 additional NPQs which will be available from autumn 2022.
The 2022 NPQs comprise the:
- NPQ for Leading Literacy – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading literacy across a school, year group, key stage or phase
- NPQ for Early Years Leadership – for leaders qualified to at least level 3 with a full and relevant qualification[footnote 1] who are, or are aspiring to be:
- managers of private, voluntary and independent nurseries
- headteachers of school-based or maintained nurseries
- childminders with leadership responsibilities
As for the 2021 suite of NPQs, each of these NPQs is underpinned by a new content framework, setting out what participants should know and be able to do after completing an NPQ.
You can access the content frameworks for the 2022 NPQs at national professional qualification frameworks: from autumn 2021.
To receive further information regarding the completion of these NPQs, please express your interest here and we will be in touch once further updates are provided by both the Department of Education and delivery partners.